Friday, January 16, 2009

Non-Profit (or Doing) of the Week: Satisfy your Sweet Tooth and a Troop

I'm a Thin Mint kind of gal. Always have. A veteran Girl Scout myself (Brownie and Junior level), after tallying up all of my cookie sales, I always asked Mom to order 3 extra boxes of Thin Mints to freeze. My brother Will always went for the Peanut Butter Do-Si-Dos, while my sister, the sweet freak that she is, went for anything she could get her hands on.

Everyone has a favorite Girl Scout cookie and memory, whether it be selling or buying them. So if you've been craving a Trefoil or a Tagalong, you're in luck! Girl Scout cookie sales have just begun throughout the country, and there are bright young scouts looking for your order for the next 3 months.

Not only are they delicious, but your sweet tooth is helping your local Girl Scout Council. About 70% of the cookie sales goes directly to the Council, our being the Chesapeake Bay Council. I must admit, the number of choices have increased since I was going door to door. This year they've even introduced a new flavor Dulce de Leche, featuring gooey caramel drizzled over a crunchy, caramel-filled cookie. Sounds delicious! Even if you're on a diet for your new year's resolution, the scouts are offering Sugar Free Chocolate Chip!




Working in a small office and living in a small neighborhood, there's a chance I may not cross path's with a Girl Scout in the next few months. No need to worry, you can visit the Girl Scout Cookies web-site to find your local Council and a rep will follow up with you or just call 1-800-YUM-YUM-2. In addition, when placing your order you can also place an order for military troops. This year, the Girl Scouts are hosting Operation "Taste of Home" and encouraging the public to place orders for additional boxes to be sent overseas to our troops. What a great idea.

I can just taste the chocolate on my Thin Mints now.

No comments: